Saturday 31 March 2018

Rare Amjad Ali Khan 1974 'Ustad Amjad Ali Khan'

I posted this in January, but only offered the MP3. I have re-digitised this LP and also spent quite a while restoring the cover on the computer, which was pretty beat up. Record is in fairly good shape but some surface noise. This is a rare LP released in India in 1974. I searched a while for a copy of this in decent condition. To my knowledge it was never re-released in a digital format or CD. I have heard a copy online, however it was not downloadable and the quality wasn't great. I hope you enjoy!

Label: His Master's Voice - EASD 1405

Tracks:
A - Raga Rageshwari - Aochar, Madhya And Drut Gat In Teen Taal
B1 - Raga Kirwani - Aochar & Gat In Rupak Taal
B2 - Bihari - Drut Gat In Teen Taal


Digitised with: Project Essential II Turntable, Ortofon Red Stylus, recorded as WAV 16/48 in Audacity and saved unaltered (apart from track separation/info tags) as FLAC 16 Highest Level 8, and then separately edited with: Clickrepair (low settings) then slight reduction on surface noise + normalised to -1.5db in Audacity and exported as FLAC Highest Level 8 and MP3 320kbps.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the shares!

    I have a personal request. Could you please rip the vinyls in at least 24 bit? More details are appreciated!

    Thank you again.

    Regards,

    Prasad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to add to my previous post.

    I follow one of the blogs by Richard, an American music lover. http://flatblackandclassical.blogspot.in He rips in 24 bits which has superb details!

    See! These are really RARE Vinyls. Since you have the facilities and requisite materials, maximum work should be saved in digital form so that our future generations will be able to enjoy this precious ancient music. Getting these albums in audio CD form is not very difficult in India. However, the details and that particular vinyl hiss charm are subdued very badly in these CDs. Also, CD recordings come in 16 bits unlike 32 bits in Vinyls. Musicophiles like you are main source of quality music for many music lovers like me. I am NOT a pushy person. However, in the interest of all music loving community which is spread across the world, these small small steps of upgradation are needed.

    Pl. give a thought to my humble request. I will appreciate your kind response.

    Thank you again..,

    Regards,

    Prasad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for this wonderful upload, now in higher audio resolution. Sounds great to me. Don't burn yourself out Kirrin, you have posted heaps, it is a lot of work and aussie internet is slow so the uploads probably take ages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you; the sound is fine to me.

    ReplyDelete