Sunday 4 March 2018

Hariprasad Chaurasia 1973 'Down Melody Lane'

Here is a 1973 Indian release of Hariprasad's third solo LP. This one had a lot of surface noise, so took a lot of care in preparing the cleaned version. I try to use the lowest settings possible when running through declick/decrackle. I am waiting on Hariprasad's second LP released in 1970, which is quite rare... I'm looking forward to receiving it and praying it's in good condition. I'll share it when it comes.

Label:  ‎His Master's Voice ‎– ECSD 2733

Tracks:
A1 - Raga Gujri Todi
B1 - Raga Bageshwari
B2 - Raga Mishra Piloo

Digitised with: Project Essential II Turntable, Ortofon Red Stylus, recorded as WAV 16/48 in Audacity and saved unaltered (apart from track separation/info tags) as WAV 16/48, and then separately edited with: Clickrepair (low settings) then slight reduction on surface noise + normalised to -1.5db in Audacity and exported as WAV 16/48 and MP3 320kbps.

4 comments:

  1. Listening to it right now. Beautiful Gujri Todi. The files need renaming. Thank u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! It should be fixed now. It seemed to have just happened with the MP3 files. :-)

      Delete
  2. Thnk you very much Kirrin, I've got the CD relase on RPG, and I'm very curious to listen to this vinyl transfert.

    But I'd love to listen to the 1970 second Hariji's LP!

    ReplyDelete