Sunday 8 April 2018

Rare Sharan Rani 1963 'Sarod Solo'

Hey friends. I'm pleased to share this rare 1963 Indian LP of Sharan Rani. I have only ever heard bad versions of this from different Saregama sources. A fairly good result with this vinyl, but I feel like the actual recording was a bit quiet on the LP, not as much clarity as I want and bass from the tabla, but oh well... I'm sure you will enjoy anyway! It's the best version you will probably hear online (please prove me wrong if you have a copy and would like to share!!!) I love Sharan Rani and find her playing very exiting. Most of her few LPs that were pressed are very rare, apart from the 1962 'The Music of India' (World Pacific 1418), which had many re-releases.

Label: His Master's Voice ‎– ECLP 2283

Tracks:
A - Raga Darbari Kanada (Alap & Gat in Teentaal)
B - Raga Nat Bhairav (Gat in Roopak Taal)


Digitised with: Project Essential II Turntable, Ortofon Red Stylus, recorded as WAV 16/48 in Audacity and saved unaltered (apart from track separation/info tags) as WAV 16/48, and then separately edited with: Clickrepair (low settings) then slight reduction on surface noise + normalised to -1.0db in Audacity and exported as WAV 16/48 and MP3 320kbps.

4 comments:

  1. Many thanks Kirrin ! Used to have a lossy transfer of this album long long time back, so your rip will definitely be a worthy upgrade !

    cheers,
    PS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Kirrin, many thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS! I had this cassette many moons ago, somehow lost it (probably loaned it out) and now I am happy to have found it again... Cheers!

    ReplyDelete