Thursday 19 April 2018

Rare Imrat Khan ‎1972 'At The Playhouse - Recorded Live 19th June 1972'

Hi friends. I've been concentrating recently on re-transferring all my original posts from January to provide you with 16/48 WAVs and great sounding cleaned files. So here is something new! A special treat for Imrat Khan fans. I haven't been able to locate any digital copies of this or any CD releases. This LP was released in the UK. The recording was done in the Playhouse, it's not too shabby, just a bit quiet. I amplified some of the speaking at the start of track one and three.

Label: Merseyside Arts Association ‎– MAA 1

Tracks:
A1 - Raga Jhinjhoti
B1 - Raga Malkauns
B2 - Raga Bhopali


Digitised with: Project Essential II Turntable, Ortofon Red Stylus, recorded as WAV 16/48 in Audacity and saved unaltered (apart from track separation/info tags) as FLAC, and then separately edited with: Clickrepair (low settings) then slight reduction on surface noise + normalised to -1.5db in Audacity and exported as FLAC and MP3 320kbps.

15 comments:

  1. This is really a rare LP to get. You made my day, Kirrin! Thumbs Up!!

    Thanks!

    Prasad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias una grabación fantástica, totalmente desconocida por estos lados.
    Fabulosos traspasos digitales.
    GRACIAS.
    Herta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Kirrin. I enjoyed listen to this album today. Thank you!

    I noticed it was a FLAC this time. It's my preference, but I'm not complaining either way.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill,

      It's a bit more work for me to convert the files to FLAC, however I may just start doing it because the file sizes are half of WAVs - better for storage & I don't want to blow out my bandwidth on dropbox which is about 200gb per day of downloads - there hasn't been a problem yet but I think it will be a pain to move everything to another sharing platform - as happened with Richard or tawfiq I think...

      Kirrin

      Delete
    2. Hi Kirrin,

      You may use dBpoweramp Music Converter v16.3 software to convert the WAV to FLAC. It's very easy.

      You may get info from here. https://a2zcity.net/dbpoweramp-music-converter-16/ The same may be downloaded from https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7oCq/Fe1RgyyFT

      If it doesn't work, pl. let me know. I will send it.

      Thank you,

      Regards,

      Prasad

      Delete
    3. Kirrin, although it is an extra step the conversion to FLAC makes sense for all the reasons you enumerate.

      For end users (like myself) it makes downloads faster and I like archiving the FLACs on a separate hard drive and FLACs are much smaller than WAV files.

      In my case (Mac user) I need to convert files either way, as iTunes will play WAVs there are issues with associating the artwork with the albums. So I use Apple lossless codec.

      I'm happy to enjoy such gloriously good music in whatever (lossless) file-format works for you, but my preference is FLAC.

      Cheers,

      Bill

      Delete
  4. Fantastic find & share, Kirrin ! Many thanks for your effort & generosity !

    cheers,
    PS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Kirrin, I discovered your blog today. What a fantastic goldmine this is ! I could not open this particular file It has a .7z extension in the end. In my Mac, Stuffitexpander complained that the structure of the archive is damaged. I tried changing the extension to .zip manually and that also did not work. Might you be able to check ?

    Anirban

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! That's not good. Which version were you trying to download? I'll see if I can load it again in ZIP. these are 7zip files. I usually use them if my computer doesn't feel like making zip files for me.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for posting this. I have the vinyl, but I'm sure you have done a better job of digitizing it than I could.

    I attended this concert and the ticket price included a copy of the album when it was published - I presume I paid extra for this, but can't remember for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hii
    Nice Blog
    Visit here for New Song
    Latest Haryanvi New Song

    ReplyDelete