Thursday 3 May 2018

Budhaditya Mukherjee 1983 'Sitar'

Hi friends, here is a 1983 LP by Budhaditya Mukherjee. I think this LP is fairly rare and I'm not sure if it was ever digitised or not... On tabla the great Anindo Chatterjee - who happens to be my tabla teacher's Guru. Unfortunately the actual recording here sounds a bit thin and twangy, almost like a guitar amp and slight distortion? No idea what talented engineers were working for EMI at the time!! Haha, anyway hope you enjoy!

Label: EMI ‎– ECSD 41534

Tracks:
A1 - Raga Lalit (Alap & Gat In Teental)
B1 - Raga Sahana (Gat In Teental)
B2 - Raga Pilu (In Thumri Style, Gat In Teental)



Digitised with: Project Essential II Turntable, Ortofon Red Stylus, recorded as WAV 16/48 in Audacity and saved unaltered (apart from track separation/info tags) as FLAC, and then separately edited with: Clickrepair (low settings) then slight reduction on surface noise + normalised to -1.5db in Audacity and exported as FLAC and MP3 320kbps.

9 comments:

  1. Dear sir,
    Thanks a loat of you for this gift. I really needed this ealp record.
    Friend, I have also some collection of classical music. If you need, I can post to you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kuldeep. Sorry I do not have the LP you requested (Parween Sultana 1975 ‎'Phenomenal Performance' His Master's Voice ‎– ECSD 2744). There are a few copies available on Discogs... but I understand they can be expensive, especially with international postage. If I have it in my collection one day I will post it... feel free to email me at [kirrin@live.com] to discuss our collections.

      Kirrin.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Kirrin for this really nice share! I got your cleaned version, and audio is pretty good. Raag Sahana is one of the most beautiful Ragas and when rendered by the Greats it becomes so much more exquisite as exhibited here. This rendition of Sahana is reminiscent of the Bandish 'Sunder Angana Baithi' by the great maestro Ut. Amir Khansaab

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiery performance from Budhaditya Mukherjee, very percussive attack on sitar. Great tabla accompaniment. Your tabla teacher should have some great compositions from his teacher, sounds like you are in good hands so to speak Kirrin.
    The engineer(s) over did the reverb in places and probably had over compresseed the sitar too....but a bit of eq can fix the sound. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kuldip/Kiran Any further progress in sharing music from Kuldip. I am eagerly waiting for it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    Thanks very much for sharing the music of Budhaditya. I have not listened to it. I am sure it will be quite good as I have listened to him live many years back. He went missing for some time and I learnt that he is back now. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hii
    Nice Blog
    Visit here for New Song
    Latest Hindi Song

    ReplyDelete